Arlington Heights Music Academy provides progressive levels of musical study for students from birth through adult in an encouraging and creative environment.
To Enroll New Students:
- Scroll down to complete the Application Form online with your personal information and the times and days you are available. This is very important–it is what we use to begin the scheduling process for your lessons.
- Provide credit card or bank account information on our secure registration system to cover the $35.00 registration fee per student ($20 for additional family member).
- You will receive a call from us at 817-731-2612 to discuss possible times for your lesson.
- Once a time is confirmed, it is reserved for that student. You can start at the very next lesson!
Important Registration Fee Info:
- Students taking multiple instruments pay a single registration fee.
- The registration fee is only paid once per year–a student continuing through the spring and/or summer sessions does not need to pay again.
Our tuition is paid either by semester or split into nine equal monthly payments from September through May. If a student begins in the middle of a semester, the cost is pro-rated to reflect the number of lessons missed.
- 45 min. class $ 66 (monthly) $297 (semester)
- 30 min. private $ 126 (monthly) $567 (semester)
- 45 min. private $ 188 (monthly) $846 (semester)
- 60 min. private $ 252 (monthly) $1134 (semester)
- 45 min. group $ 122 (monthly) $549 (semester)
- 30 min. group 30 min. private, $ 188 (monthly) $846 (semester)
Registration at AHMA is for the school year. For your convenience, a nine-month payment plan is available. Our automated payment system withdraws a monthly payment from your account or charges your credit card on the 2nd of each month (September through May) or once a semester. Early withdrawal before the end of a semester does not terminate responsibility for payment of tuition. (See withdrawal policy below.)
A 30-day notice is required for early withdrawal. One of the two following conditions will apply: (1) Refunds for withdrawal from classes during the semester will be limited to the tuition for remaining classes minus four week’s tuition. (2) For those making payments in quarters, one payment will be due upon withdrawal.
MAKE-UP LESSON POLICY
Musikgarten – Because these young students need the security of having class with the same group of students each week, class lessons missed cannot be made up during another class. No refunds or credits will be given for missed class lessons.
Private lessons may not be made up except in the case of illness or emergency, and then only if we are notified by 2:00 PM the day of the lesson to be missed. To cancel a private lesson call your teacher at 817-731-2612. Leave a message if he/she is unavailable. No refunds or credits will be given for missed class lessons or un-rescheduled private lessons. No makeup lessons will be given after the next AHMA school session starts. Please remember that tuition purchases instruction time, training and experience. Your lesson time is reserved for you even if you don’t use it.
Parental supervised practice is of utmost importance! Parents are partners in the learning process. Gentle encouragement is needed for the student to feel the delight of successful learning. It is very important that a student feel successful at the tasks he or she is attempting. Please encourage daily practice. Younger children should not be expected to do all of their practicing alone. Sing songs together, practice rhythm and note reading exercises together, practice the assigned pieces together. Try to set aside the same time every day for practice sessions, and make it a goal to practice each piece multiple times each day. Practice time is rewarded through our Practice Points program. Students can receive small prizes throughout the year, and end-of-year awards are also given out.
BAD WEATHER POLICY
Bad weather closing of AHMA will coincide with Fort Worth ISD. Information on school closings is available from radio/TV. Due to scheduling difficulties, bad weather days cannot be made up.
Students and parents arriving early should enter through the front entrance and wait for their class in the waiting room (foyer). Parking is available in front and behind the school. Please do not park in the driveway! This blocks students and parents who wish to park in back from entering and exiting.